Bruchou & Funes de Rioja at Chambers Virtual Forum – ESG in Latin America
We share the recording of the Chambers Virtual Forum – ESG in Latin America: Legal Trends, Opportunities and Challenges, that took place this month via Zoom.
Bruchou & Funes de Rioja panel was integrated by:
– Bernardo Andrews – CEO, Genneia
– Pablo Vera Pinto – CFO and Co-Founder Vista Energy
– Javier Rodriguez Galli – Partner, Oil and Gas / Energy Transition
– José Bazan – Partner, Banking and Capital Markets / Green Financing
– Pablo Crimer – Senior Associate, Environmental / ESG
We were also joined by professionals from Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enríquez, S.C., and Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uría Menéndez, as well as the general council of HSBC, Vista Energy and Genneia to discuss the latest in ESG within Latin America.
Discussion topics included:
– Legal instruments for ESG investment and sustainable finance in Mexico through Mexican Pension Funds (AFORES) and Mexican real estate investment trusts (FIBRAS)
– ESG in Mining – the Andean experience
– Legal and regulatory challenges posed by the energy transition